Sunday 23 February 2014

ICON 8: BIRDS OF THE NILGIRIS vs BANGALORE

ICON 8: BIRDS OF THE NILGIRIS vs BANGALORE

BY P S SUNDAR

My articles on Big Bird Day 2014 in the Nilgiris published in this Blog have evoked keen interest from bird lovers from near and far.   I have received a plethora of responses to my 6 articles on this marvellous event in this Blog.

Among them, K Vetriselvan John, Programme Manager, World Vision India, Coimbatore, phoned me from Bangalore and today, Feb 24, 2014, on his return to Coimbatore, has sent me a mail with an interesting attachment. 

He was in Bangalore attending some meetings held at Ecumenical Christian Centre (ECC) in Whitefield. This centre has a sylvan campus of 29 acres. It is known for supporting ecology in its campus. Quite a few boards displayed in the campus motivate people to be eco-friendly all through their life. It is a company registered under Section 25 of The Companies Act, 1956. This means, it is a company not for profit (but for promoting charity, morality and ecology)..

Vetriselvan John has sent ma a snap of a Board displayed there of the birds in the campus, as he says, kindled by my articles on Birds in the Nilgiris, in this Blog. 

I thought of giving the snap here for those interested:


No comments:

Post a Comment